Technical Diploma - 16 Credits
About the Program
Criminal Justice-Corrections Specialist certificate provides students with a marketable diploma specifically related to a career in a jail or corrections setting after their first year of school which would allow them to move into the world of work if they are not able to continue with their education. At the end of the Second Semester, students are eligible to take the State Scenario testing.
The credits earned in this program apply toward the Criminal Justice Correctional Officer associate's degree.
Financial Aid Eligible
This program is eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details.
- Corrections Officer
- Private Security
- Prison Guard
- Basic understanding of the criminal justice system
- Ability to create accurate and detailed reports
- Understanding of jail and correctional laws and procedures
- Understanding of juvenile laws and procedures related to the jail and corrections setting
- Understanding of corrections security procedures related to facilities
- Standard and protocols for supervising inmates
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner in a jail or corrections environment
- Proper medical response to jail situations
- Ability to deal with inmates with mental health issues
The information is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.