Learning in Retirement
Learning in Retirement is for anyone with a healthy sense of curiosity.
Created for and directed by retired and semi-retired Northwoods residents, the Learning in Retirement offers short-term learning experiences in a relaxed, informal and friendly environment. This is learning for the sheer pleasure of it. There are no grades, no tests, and no required attendance.
Learning in Retirement at Nicolet College values lifelong learning by providing educational
and social opportunities which are stimulating, exciting, challenging,
Learn more about the LIR Committees and the members.
Check out the current courses offered for Fall 2017.
The following classes are full:
- Glacial Landforms and Soils Tour, Sep. 8
- Historic Boathouses, Sep. 18
- Pirate Ship Tour, Sep. 21
- Northern National Exhibit, Sep. 27
- Trials and Tribulations of Facebook/Social Media and Family, Sep. 28
- This Will Send You Reeling, Oct. 9
- The Aging Eye, Oct. 12
- New Findings in Neuroscience, Oct. 17
- Who Was Martin Luther, Oct. 30
Find the locations to many of the LIR courses and events in our area.